I mailed in a official cashiers check printed from my local bank to pay the next months mortgage.They lost the check somewhere in their building in a different department.

I waited about two weeks calling almost every day to see if they have received or found the check. Nothing, couldn't locate it. I ended up canceling the check and did a money gram to avoid a late payment. 2 days later they tried cashing the canceled check that I advised and called ahead to not cash.

I was charged a $25 fee for the check. Remember this wasn't a personal check, it was a cashiers money order check. They so even own up to what they did.

The rep on the phone told me that even if the check was canceled they would still try to cash it and charge me!How unfair is that!

Review about: Mortgage.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Pennymac Mortgage
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Pennymac?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Pennymac - Review about Online Banking from Twin City, Georgia Pennymac "I have been with Chase for years and now suddenly I get dumped with this company! I called to find out why I can't login to make my first payment..." Read more Pennymac - AGAIN INSURANCE PREMIUM REQUESTED Pennymac "I have just received another letter requesting my hazard insurance coverage be $166,038. My current coverage is $171,000. So I call penny mac to let them know they need to..." Read more Naca - Review in Loans and Mortgages category from Frederick, Maryland Naca "0.062% 30 year fixed interest rate. No PMI, no closing costs. Credit score= 598. Less than 30k TOTAL including buydown interest being paid on a 382k loan(405k purchase price) Naca is..." Read more Green Tree Mortgage sold out Change names to Ditech Ditech "Since I had Ditch Change they over charge mine Interest Rate Has going up from 6% To 8% now to 8.99% going to 9% and they make harder to pay..." Read more Fidelity National Home Warranty - Emergencies don't exist with Fidelity.. They admitted to shortage of Technicians in Sacramento Fidelity National Home Warranty "VERY DISHONEST COMPANY. I had an emergency at my property because the first technician knew the drainage pipe was clogged on HVAC unit on a initial service call that he..." Read more Trugreen - Poor customer service Trugreen "after a couple of years of service, i noted that weeds were not being treated and continued to grow. I had to call and complain in order to get it..." Read more Cruisemiles - Uploads for Clarification Cruisemiles "Now allegations of fraudulent action by Mr Lester have been proved false, I have been asked to release from file information relating to the accountant of Cruisemiles who was sentenced..." Read more Greystar - Unorganized and unjust credit reporting Greystar "I moved out of Jefferson Lakeside Apartments 5/31/2013. I turned in my 90 day notice, manager at that time emailed me back to confirm. In 07/2014 I was attempting to..." Read more