251 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA
4K views

I am in middle of filing a class action lawsuit on Penny Mac for illegal business practices, fraud, violation of consumer rights . The federal government is also involved .

If there is anyone out there who have been wronged by this company , please reply and or contact me to merge our efforts . They are not getting away with their shady business tactics this time I am pursing this thing till the wheels fall off.

I have already started petitions and organizing and launching social media strikes against them. My email address is Csweetbirds@aol.com

Comments

Mandela

I want in on this! I write checks for our mortgage for the sole purpose of paper trail and proof.

Only time I write a check! I open the statement tonight when I get home from work and they claim we owe them a ridiculous amount! Statement says we are 48 days past due. Called the bank as we have a separate account just for the mortgage, it’s not used for anything else and 2k is deposited a month which is more than what our mortgage is.

This company has in fact received the payment for September and October. They are trying to pull something shady and I’m not interested.

We do our part and pay them they need to be held accountable and do their job by applying my payments to my loan! My email is Lindsay.b.conlon@gmail.com

Daris
@Mandela

Same thing happened to me. I received a letter 11/14 saying Aug-Nov had not been paid.

I looked on Penny Mac loan activity and the payments were there. I checked the account I paid from and the payments were taken out and sent to PennyMac. It had not been reported as late ever. I called PennyMac and they put my account in the escalation department.

They said not to worry because they see the payments. Apparently they did a computer update and thousands of customers were affected. It is so annoying. Today I received a notice of intent to foreclose!

They responded saying to disregard the notice! They said it would take 7-10 days to get everything posted correctly on their end.

@Mandela

Same here! We paid our mortgage in October and they claim they didn’t get the payment but it came out of my husbands account.

We had to send them documents showing that it was indeed drafted. Now they are saying, they had a system issue and thousands were affected. November comes and the online system was trying to force us to pay October payment as well as November, so we had no other choice but to call customer service and paid it over the phone because the online system was going to put it towards a payment that was already paid. Customer service claim they see it was paid but we are getting threatening foreclosure letters in the mail and they are telling us to ignore them but how can someone ignore something like that.

Now our December bill is stating we have a past due amount. We are very skeptical on continuing paying these people if they can not find our hard earned money we are paying them.

They’ve been saying for weeks that it’ll be fix in 10 days and here it is December and still nothing. PISSED!

Rommel
@Anonymous

Same is still happening to me. They sent my intent to foreclose because payments have been due since 8/1/19.

Every payment has come out of my checking account. They said it's a computer glitch.

Disregard notice and give us 7-10 days. Well 1 month later and still having the issue!

I was charged over $7,000 in foreclosure fees on a home that didn't end up getting foreclosed on. They tried hard to take the home even though the home was in escrow.

I'd like to be involved in any class actions if someone knows of any. brandonloco@gmail.com

Pennymac sucks! Their management isn’t any better then their hourly.

They promised me a refi loan in-fact they are my current mortgage company just wanted a lower interest rate. They denied me first for incomplete application (they are the ones who filled it out). Next because my home is in a trust. They knew it was in a trust yet they promised time and time again I was approved for the loan .

Then it happened AGAIN...denial. I went to another lender we close in 2 weeks! Pennymac = Worst!

I feel like I was discriminated against. My credit store is excellent....they just didn’t want me to have a lower interest rate cause I’m already with them!

Lafe

Include me in the Class Action. Unethical business practices and predatory business tactics.

they raised my payments over 100.00 after the first year...now they want another 75.00 on the month...how can they buy a loan??...at a certain monthly payment an be allowed to raise the payments every year?????

Devonte

I would like to be involved in this lawsuit, I have viewed many of the comments and I have just had the same thing happen to me as well. My original mortgage was 553 a month for a 942 sq ft home 3 bed 1 bath and I would put money in my escrow but then they said I had to pay 2000 or It would go up to 700 so I used my taxes to cover it.

The next year they did it again but this time it was 3800 I had to pay and I couldn't so my mortgage went up to almost 1100! I tried the loan mod but after finally hearing back from them they said I made to much for a loan mod and said I could give the house back. Unfortunately that was only option I had left after I told them that they said someone will contact me, after a week I called them but ever since they just hang up on me and now my house is foreclosed.

I always felt like something wasn't right and unfair. Klintm50@gmail.com

Emir

I would also like in on the class action lawsuit!!!

Trueman

Ever since Pennymac bought my loan they have been raising my payments and squeezing me out if my home to the point of bankruptcy. Then they offered me a deal through HAMP and the Loan Forgiveness Program.

HA!!!

When I did that my Mortgage went from 166k to 198k. They just keep squeezing me until now where they are trying to foreclose again.

I was also told my escrow was short after PennyMac took over my loan from Plaza Mortgage. They spikes my Taxes and claim I should be paying 600 above my original mortgage.

What ever happen to my original escrow I paid to close on my home.

This makes no sense and I will be glad to join this lawsuit. Contact me at Lahiem@yahoo.com

Rossi

I am Active duty military and extremely unsatisfied with this company. I am all in as well! Please let me know how I can help

Mariana

They need to be sued for multiple violations of business ethics. I have a seasonal business that flopped one year, requested help and got none, the house went into foreclosure I was able to get the loan current but the odd thing was that the legal paperwork sent by their representing law firm stated a payoff price that was over $2000 less that what they demanded over the phone and the timeframes were similar.

So what can one do at that point without risking their home further??

The other issue I have is they have grossly inflated what they need to keep in escrow and that seem ms to be going up with every few payments. I can’t believe I actually miss Bank of America!!

Nidal
#1720573

I do not see how to contact the person initiating this class action lawsuit. I'd like to be in on it. How can I contact you?

Angelene

I would like in on this class action lawsuit. PennyMac just bought Caliber this was effective May 2, 2019.

Iam on a bi-weekly program with Equity Plus and money is drafted every other Friday from my CU through Equity Plus who then sends the check to then Caliber, now PennyMac. I was unaware that my monthly mortgage increased going from 914.52 to 1493.52. I monitor the drafts that are taken out every other week however the 914.52 Equity Plus was sending was now not enough and i nor Equity Plus knew any different. Upon investigating the spike in monthly mortgage.

I was told i had an escrow shortage of 4660.55 and an increase in property tax. I have been with Caliber since 2014 and never had a mortage increase until PennyMac took over. I paid the balance of June payment yesterday, scheduled to make full payment for July the following friday, and another full payment the begining part of Aug to catch myself up. In the mean time dump the 4660.55 back into escrow to get my notes back to what they were.

The people at PennyMac are not nice. I was trying to fix the issue to get in good standings with this new company and i was treated poorly. I politely asked them to waive late penalty fees since i was doing my do diligence resolve the issue, they would not. Although he did state i had no late fees the month of May or June, and u only can get pardoned twice for late fees the duration of the loan.

I politely told him i had always been in good standings with Caliber and he was quick to dismiss me by saying Caliber was bought out and we are PennyMac. I only started looking up reviews on this company yesterday and have not found 1 good review, and many more experiences much worse than my own far> I will now have to investigate this property tax song and dance / equity shortage. After reading many others I'm not even confident that my biweekly payments will be paid accordingly to better serve me to help pay off loan faster. Im feeling very uneasy with all that i have read regarding PennyMac.

I would like some help as far as next steps go.

I want out, this company is bad news. Antisagu@hotmail.com

I am interested in the class action suit against Pennymac. I lost my house due to an unforseen job related injury.

In 2013 I requested a loan mod and forbearance with Bank of America. Shortly after my request my loan was transferred to Pennymac. I resubmitted my request to Pennymac not once but twice. They simply ignored my request and proceeded with foreclosure.

I contacted them numerous times they gave me the run around. I then filed a complaint with Hud asking them to investigate. They told Hud they had never received any such request from me. I then sent Hud all emails and documents pertaining to my loan mod request.

Two weeks later I received a fedex letter from Pennymac acknowledging they had indeed received my loan mod request. No denial or approval nothing. My home was foreclosed on. It has been 6yrs since I have recovered from my lost.

I purchased a new home 2yrs ago with a great interest rate and much lower payments. I think Banks should be held accountable for their actions.

They should at least process loan mods when requested prior to foreclosing. For over 10 years I was never late prior to my work related injury.

Devonte
@Anonymous

This exact same thing happened to me!

Klarissa

That was 38 payments, and 32 payments of the extra, plus the mortgage company cashed in some of my PMI, to pay down the principle another 8 months. That was 78 payments knocking down that principle to 161k!! Now do we pay double interest on that money paid every month? Now the whole reason I got into this predicament is I lost my long tenure job, when new CEO came in, and to find another job of that caliber, and my age(57), was not working out.

I exhausted all my savings on keeping up with this house, and all the upgrades. Then my son got into some legal issues, and so what does a father do? Yes, I bailed him out, with an attorney. So then I decided to file chapter 13, but about 7 months into it, I had a major stroke, and died on the operating table, but thank God, he wasn't ready for me yet, but that killed a part of my memory lobe, and so I was having to relearn a lot of things, but i COULDN'T remember my insurance position, so I couldn't hold that position any longer.

I filed for disability, but after several months they denied me, because I wasn't blind. Meanwhile I have put into PennyMac, several modification applications, and they would string me along, only to deny me, when in fact I could have caught up on arrearage, but they wanted lump sum, which isn't right, for hardworking people to be trying, but get denied. These guys are crooked!! I've got several articles stating that a mortgage servicer doesn't make money, until you default, then they start gainfully making money.

I would like to get involved with your class action lawsuit. The other thing that i'm convinced that their attorneys are as crooked as them.I am so pissed off right now, as I find out that after I filed bankruptcy, on 5/31, that they put it on the auction block, and sold our house to themselves, for a little over 200k, and the taxable value is 266k, but with all the upgrades, it could have gotten 350k, as that is what the other houses in the area are selling for. I've had the house for 66 months, and I paid the extra principle payment every month. That was 38 payments, and 32 payments of the extra, plus the mortgage company cashed in some of my PMI, to pay down the principle another 8 months.

That was 78 payments knocking down that principle to 161k!! Now do we pay double interest on that money paid every month? Now the whole reason I got into this predicament is I lost my long tenure job, when new CEO came in, and to find another job of that caliber, and my age(57), was not working out. I exhausted all my savings on keeping up with this house, and all the upgrades.

Then my son got into some legal issues, and so what does a father do? Yes, I bailed him out, with an attorney. So then I decided to file chapter 13, but about 7 months into it, I had a major stroke, and died on the operating table, but thank God, he wasn't ready for me yet, but that killed a part of my memory lobe, and so I was having to relearn a lot of things, but i COULDN'T remember my insurance position, so I couldn't hold that position any longer. I filed for disability, but after several months they denied me, because I wasn't blind.

Pennymac is horrible I would love to be part of the lawsuit..they told me to miss a payment in order to get help...I did and the help never came..but they did raise my payment by 200.00 WTH...so now I'm behind and can't catch up and there is no assistance to be had..and no one has a clue what department I should be dealing with...I want out!!!!

Pennymac Reviews